NORAM Receives OQM Certification
April 24, 2018
NORAM is a significant practitioner and provider of engineering services in British Columbia, and currently employs over 40 professional engineers. It has consequently undergone voluntary Organizational Quality Management (OQM) certification with Engineers & Geoscientists BC, which aims to improve the quality management of professional engineering and geoscience practices at the individual and organizational level.
We believe the benefits of OQM certification for our customers include:
- The product or service provider has a quality management system endorsed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC,
- OQM certification can be used as selection criteria when procuring engineering and geoscience products and services,
- Knowing that the product or service provider has policies and procedures to ensure:
- Applicable Professional Practice Guidelines are being followed,
- Documented file management procedures are being used to meet regulatory requirements,
- Documented checking of all engineering or geoscience work and where required independent reviews are taking place,
- All documents containing engineering or geoscience will be appropriately authenticated by the application of the professional’s seal,
- All delegated engineering or geoscience work will be directly supervised by a professional from Engineers and Geoscientists BC, and
- Appropriate field reviews will be conducted during construction or implementation.
© 2019 NORAM Engineering and Constructors Ltd.