Send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ECOfluid Systems Inc. (www.ecofluid.com) is a leading provider of wastewater treatment technology providing design, equipment supply, and construction of plants to clients in North America and the Caribbean. In addition to supply of its patented USBF® technology, ECOfluid supplies a number of biological technologies (e.g. MBR, MBBR) and other industrial water solutions. We currently have a growth opportunity for a technical marketing/sales manager to join our team. Your primary role is to seek out new opportunities, expand the regional reach of ECOfluid’s projects and work with our technical team to identify clients and secure contracts.
ECOfluid is a member of the Vancouver-based NORAM group of companies, with over 200 employees in Canada and Europe. The group provides technical solutions globally in a variety of chemical industries including nitration, sulphuric acid, and electrochemistry. Capabilities include in-house fabrication, and lab and piloting facilities in our research facility.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Prospect and develop new opportunities through contract signing
• Identify new potential markets and regional delivery partners
• Deliver technical presentations to clients and engineers
• Prepare and present client proposals and cost estimates
• Network at trade shows and conferences
• Prepare marketing and sales literature
• Maintain and update communication channels (e.g. website, LinkedIn…)
Key skills and requirements:
• 3-5 years outside sales and business development experience
• Ambitious, results-oriented
• Excellent communications, organization, and technical writing skills
• Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
• Commercial awareness
• The position will require travel within Canada, North America and the Caribbean
Reporting to: Electrochemical Operations Manager
The Electrochemical Group operates electrochemical pilot plants at BC Research to demonstrate and develop electrochemical processes using NORAM’s electrochemical cell platforms. The Electrochemical Group is currently expanding the pilot plant facilities and require an experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic engineer to coordinate and manage the pilot plant operations at BCRI. The work would be performed primarily at BC Research on Mitchell Island. Approximately one day a week would be spent at NORAM’s downtown office.
The role of Pilot Plant Development Engineer will be a dynamic role that involves engineering, experiment planning analysis and reporting, pilot-plant operations, logistics and management. The successful candidate will be involved in the full breath of the Electrochemical Group’s research and development programs at BCRI. The candidate should expect to do hands-on work in the pilot plant area and will be one of a group of lead operating engineers during planned 24/7 pilot operations. We encourage anyone with relevant skills, experience, and a strong interest in assisting the continued development of NORAM’s electrolysis technologies to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work directly with the Electrochemical Group leadership to help reach objectives for pilot plant operations, expansions and modifications
- Develop detailed engineering designs for pilot plant expansions and modifications working with Electrochemical Group members. This will include P&ID’s, Process Equipment sizing, working with instrumentation technicians to select instrumentation, etc.
- Manage equipment / materials procurement
- Manage assembly technicians and external contractors for pilot plant modifications and expansion
- Coordinate all pilot plant related research and development efforts for the Electrochemical Group
- Develop experimental plans to match client’s needs. Write proposals, coordinate experiments, analyse experiments and write reports for clients.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Engineers to schedule pilot plant testing work for internal development or clients
- Ensure that proper safety documentation has been completed for new process testing in accordance with BCRI safety protocols
- Work independently and with other group members to plan experimental test work and supervise tests
- Coordinate with BCRI analytical services or external analytical labs to get samples analyzed post-pilot plant runs
- Conduct / operate the pilot plant for test runs when required
- Be the primary technical resource on-site for pilot plant operations and have an eye for key factors for process scale up
Qualifications and Skills
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills or a strong interest in learning them:
- An engineering or technology degree, preferably Chemical or Mechanical
- 5+ years engineering work experience in an engineering research and development environment
- Industrial process or manufacturing experience
- Process or equipment design
- Commissioning / plant operations
- Pilot plant engineering / design
- Experience with equipment operations and a focus on safety
- Independent self-starter with an ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced and dynamic environment and complete tasks with minimal supervision
Familiarity with electrochemical processes / equipment is an asset but not a required for the position.
NORAM is seeking a mechanical design/drafting technologist to join our project teams. The position will be responsible for design/drafting support across all of our business areas. The selected candidate(s) will work in a fast-paced, project team environment focused on the design and supply of new chemical plants, de-bottlenecking of existing plants, and a variety of research and development projects. Mentorship and supervision will be provided by experienced engineers and technologists.
Qualifications include the following:
- Competency with both SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience with industrial plant layouts, equipment and piping would be an asset
NORAM seeks hard-working dedicated candidates with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in both team and individual environments. Strong written communication and time management skills are a must..
Qualified candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
NORAM is seeking mechanical engineering graduates for the position of Junior Mechanical Engineer for NORAM’s Electrochemical business area. Our Electrochemical group is currently busy with projects in the growing lithium and chemical recycling sectors.
The selected candidate(s) will work in a fast-paced, project team environment focused on the design and development of new electrochemical cell components, project and mechanical engineering for pilot and demonstration scale chemical plants, and a variety of research and development projects. Mentorship and supervision will be provided by experienced Professional Engineers.
Tasks for the candidate will include the following:
- Supporting senior project engineers on pilot, demo, and commercial plant project execution
- Sizing and designing plant equipment including piping, heat exchangers, reactors, vessels, and pumps.
- Coordinating fabrication / manufacturing of custom electrochemical cell components
- Specifying in-line piping items including instruments and piping specialty items
- Performing engineering calculations for mechanical equipment and piping design
- Assisting with operations of NORAM’s electrochemical pilot plant when required
NORAM seeks mindful, critical thinking candidates with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in both team and individual environments. Strong written communication and time management skills are a must. The candidate must be amenable to international travel, flexible schedule, and variety of work tasks based on project and development demands. Frequent work at NORAM’s research and development facility (BC Research, Richmond BC) will also be a requirement. As a chemical technology provider in a competitive and dynamic marketplace, NORAM seeks engineers who can produce high quality work and who can help provide creative solutions to the unique challenges facing our customers.
Qualifications for this role are:
- Undergraduate or Masters level degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Registered or ability to register as an Engineer-in-Training with EGBC
- 0 to 3 years engineering experience
- Driver’s license
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. NORAM is considering mechanical engineering graduates, including those set to graduate in Spring 2021.
About us: NORAM Engineering and Constructors Ltd. (www.noram-eng.com) is a private Vancouver-based technology and engineering company, specializing in the development, engineering and commercialization of new chemical processes, and in the improvement and optimization of our clients’ production facilities. In 2021, NORAM will mark its 33rd anniversary of providing leading-edge technologies to the chemical, resource, pulp and paper, electrochemical and clean-tech sectors.
NORAM Engineering has a number of wholly owned subsidiaries that complement our project offerings:
There is an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer, at our subsidiary Axton Inc., to lead the engineering and design department to deliver custom manufactured equipment for worldwide clients.
Typical project workload comprises a wide range of equipment across many industry sectors, including:
- Pressure and non-pressure equipment for petrochemical, chemical, mining, and forestry industries to recognized industry standards.
- Skid assembly for industrial and R&D industries.
- Repair of customer supplied equipment to recognized industry standards and jurisdictional requirements.
The duties of this role include:
- Managing a small team of engineers and designers to produce equipment designs and fabrication drawings to meet customer requirements and industry standards.
- Designing custom jigs, fixtures, and lifting devices to assist the production team.
- Providing engineering expertise to the engineering team.
- Obtaining Canadian Registration Numbers (CRNs) for pressure equipment designs from provincial authorized safety authorities across Canada.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications, reviewing industry code updates, establishing professional networks, and attending technical seminars as required.
- Communicating with customers to resolve technical design challenges.
- Providing preliminary designs to the sales team for prospective projects.
- Supporting the production team to resolve fabrication challenges.
The ideal candidate will have:
- P.Eng licensed in B.C., and eligible for registration in Ontario.
- Strong technical understanding of North American pressure equipment codes, including: ASME Section I, ASME Section VIII-1, API 650, API 620, National Board Inspection Code (NBIC).
- Experience performing custom pressure equipment design in compliance with ASME VIII-1, utilizing Codeware Compress or similar commercial software.
- Experience performing custom heat exchanger thermal design, utilizing tools such as HTRI or Aspen Shell and Tube Exchanger.
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in compliance with the requirements of ASME Section VIII-2 Part 5.
- Effective verbal and written communication, with a proven ability to generate detailed technical reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com
NORAM is seeking chemical engineering graduates for the entry-level position of Junior Process Engineer. Initial assignment will be to NORAM’s Nitration business area.
The selected candidate(s) will work in a fast-paced, project team environment focused on the design and supply of new chemical plants, de-bottlenecking of existing plants, and a variety of research and development projects. Mentorship and supervision will be provided by experienced Professional Engineers.
Tasks for the candidate will include the following:
- Performing mass and energy balance calculations to generate process flow diagrams (PFDs)
- Developing piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Sizing plant equipment including piping, heat exchangers, reactors, separation vessels, and distillation columns, and using the sizing results to complete specifications for the equipment
- Specifying in-line piping items including instruments and piping specialty items
- Specifying plant control and safety logic
- Actively participating in process hazard analyses (PHA)
- Performing pressure relief calculations and specifying the associated relief valves
NORAM seeks mindful, critical thinking candidates with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in both team and individual environments. Strong written communication and time management skills are a must. The candidate must be amenable to international travel and overseas assignments of up to 1 month in length. As a chemical technology provider in a competitive and dynamic marketplace, NORAM seeks engineers who can produce high quality work and who can help provide creative solutions to the unique challenges facing our customers.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. NORAM is considering chemical engineering graduates, including those set to graduate in Spring 2021.
NORAM Engineering has an opening for a Project Process Engineer to work in the Vancouver office. The preferred candidate should be experienced in project execution through all project phases from concept designs, feasibility studies to project implementation and execution in the chemical industry.
The candidate will be comfortable in an engineering project team environment including various engineering disciplines and will be familiar with performing heat and mass balance calculations, generating complex P&ID’s, using process simulation software and creating specifications for a wide range of chemical process equipment. The ability to work independently and provide creative solutions to new process designs would be definite assets. The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be comfortable with direct client interaction and be registered with APEGBC.
If you have 7-10 years relevant experience and feel that you are capable of augmenting NORAM’s engineering capabilities, please forward your resume.
© 2021 NORAM Engineering and Constructors Ltd.