Send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide administrative support including editing documents, management of expenses and filing
- General engineering project administrative duties including:
- Ensuring that all paper and electronic correspondence and documents is processed and filed accordance with procedures
- Digitizes and catalogues all historical engineering documents
- Facilitate document revision release and oversee document deliverables and control
- Handles documentation for multiple projects concurrently
- Managing project status reports
- Effectively and efficiently manage meeting arrangements including room bookings, catering requirements, logistics, presentation set up and presentation material
- Preparation and formatting of project proposals
- Travel Coordination:
- Co-ordinate complex travel arrangements (flights, accommodation etc.)
- Assist with visa applications etc.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the engineering industry
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, Visio) as well as with Adobe Acrobat (creation, modification, collating and marking up of pdf documents)
- Excellent command of the English language; you can establish that you are a highly skilled and communicating fluently, professionally and persuasively, in both writing and verbally
NORAM—a chemical technology company located in Vancouver—is seeking mechanical engineers. Candidates should have a P. Eng. Designation, or at a minimum eligibility to apply for P. Eng. in the near term.
The selected candidate(s) will work in a fast-paced, project team environment focused on the design and supply of new chemical plants, de-bottlenecking of existing plants, and a variety of research and development projects. An interest in vessel and piping design will be considered a strong asset.
Tasks for the candidate will include the following:
- Piping design calculations including pipe stressing calculations
- Working closely with skilled designers (drafters) to route piping, define support locations and types, and specify expansion joints
- Evaluation of piping systems for conformance to piping specifications, and development and maintenance of piping specifications
- Heat exchanger design calculations, both thermal and mechanical
- Use of North American and European design codes
- Specification of rotating equipment
- Development of equipment criteria drawings for pressure vessels and heat exchangers
- Review of vendor drawings and calculations for pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and rotating equipment
- Inspections of custom-fabricated equipment and rotating equipment
NORAM seeks mindful, critical thinking candidates with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in both team and individual environments. Strong written communication and time management skills are a must. The candidate should be amenable to periodic international travel and overseas assignments. As a chemical technology provider in a competitive and dynamic marketplace, NORAM seeks engineers who can produce high quality work and who can help provide creative solutions to the unique challenges facing our customers.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com.
NORAM Engineering has an opening for a Chemical Process Engineer to work in the Vancouver office. The preferred candidate should be experienced in a project environment through all project phases from concept designs, feasibility studies to project implementation and execution in the chemical industry.
The candidate will be comfortable in an engineering project team environment including various engineering disciplines and will be familiar with performing heat and mass balance calculations, generating complex P&ID’s, using process simulation software and creating specifications for a wide range of chemical process equipment. The ability to work independently and provide creative solutions to new process designs would be definite assets. The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be comfortable with direct client interaction and be registered or able to apply for registration with EGBC.
If you have 3+ years relevant experience and feel that you are capable of augmenting NORAM’s engineering capabilities, please forward your resume.
Experience with either sulphuric acid or pulp and paper would be considered an asset.
An experienced Control Systems Designer / Engineer with strong technical skills in the design of Instrument & Control systems for Chemical plants. Also experienced in the specification of Instruments & control valves, SIS, PHA & LOPA procedures, and control systems programming. Plant start-up and commissioning skills required. Must be a proven self-starter who is willing to travel internationally and work at industrial sites, adhering to all safety-related requirements.
A Junior Instrument and Control Systems designer with strong technical skills geared towards instrumentation. The position requires a basic knowledge of instrumentation and a willingness to learn how to generate instrumentation documents to support projects across business units. These documents will include Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Installation Details, Location Drawings, Specification Sheets, Instrument Indexes, I/O Lists etc.
The individual needs working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office, experience with MS Access is an asset. Must be willing to travel internationally and work in industrial sites, adhering to all safety-related requirements.
Registration for instrumentation apprenticeship is available for the Red Seal program.
NORAM is seeking a mechanical design/drafting technologist to join our project teams. The position will be responsible for design/drafting support across all of our business areas. The selected candidate(s) will work in a fast-paced, project team environment focused on the design and supply of new chemical plants, de-bottlenecking of existing plants, and a variety of research and development projects. Mentorship and supervision will be provided by experienced engineers and technologists.
Qualifications include the following:
- Competency with both SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience with industrial plant layouts, equipment and piping would be an asset
NORAM seeks hard-working dedicated candidates with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in both team and individual environments. Strong written communication and time management skills are a must..
Qualified candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2023 NORAM Engineering and Constructors Ltd.