Send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ECOfluid Systems Inc. (www.ecofluid.com) is a leading provider of wastewater treatment technology providing design, equipment supply, and construction of plants to clients in North America and the Caribbean. In addition to supply of its patented USBF® technology, ECOfluid supplies a number of biological technologies (e.g. MBR, MBBR) and other industrial water solutions. We currently have a growth opportunity for a technical marketing/sales manager to join our team. Your primary role is to seek out new opportunities, expand the regional reach of ECOfluid’s projects and work with our technical team to identify clients and secure contracts.
ECOfluid is a member of the Vancouver-based NORAM group of companies, with over 200 employees in Canada and Europe. The group provides technical solutions globally in a variety of chemical industries including nitration, sulphuric acid, and electrochemistry. Capabilities include in-house fabrication, and lab and piloting facilities in our research facility.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Prospect and develop new opportunities through contract signing
• Identify new potential markets and regional delivery partners
• Deliver technical presentations to clients and engineers
• Prepare and present client proposals and cost estimates
• Network at trade shows and conferences
• Prepare marketing and sales literature
• Maintain and update communication channels (e.g. website, LinkedIn…)
Key skills and requirements:
• 3-5 years outside sales and business development experience
• Ambitious, results-oriented
• Excellent communications, organization, and technical writing skills
• Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
• Commercial awareness
• The position will require travel within Canada, North America and the Caribbean
Reporting to: Electrochemical Operations Manager
The Electrochemical Group at NORAM designs, builds and demonstrates pilot plants using NORAM’s electrochemical cell platforms. NORAM is currently expanding the pilot plant facilities and requires an experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic mechanical engineer to participate in the design and to manage project technical progress. Portions of the work would be performed at NORAM’s subsidiary, BC Research, located on Mitchell Island.
This role will be a dynamic role that involves engineering, management and supervision of pilot plant projects. We encourage anyone with relevant skills in project mechanical engineering to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work directly with the Electrochemical Group leadership to help progress individual electrochemical pilot plant projects
- Develop detailed engineering designs for pilot plant expansions and modifications working with Electrochemical Group members. This will include P&ID’s, Process Equipment design, working with instrumentation technicians to select instrumentation, etc.
- Manage equipment / materials procurement
- Manage assembly technicians and external contractors for pilot plant modifications and expansion
Qualifications and Skills
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- A mechanical engineering degree
- 5-7 years engineering work experience in a project engineering environment
- Industrial process or manufacturing experience
- Process or equipment design
- Commissioning / plant operations
- Pilot plant engineering / design
- Focus on safety
- Independent self-starter with an ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced and dynamic environment and complete tasks with minimal supervision
Familiarity with electrochemical processes / equipment is an asset but not a required for the position.
NORAM is seeking a mechanical design/drafting technologist to join our project teams. The position will be responsible for design/drafting support across all of our business areas. The selected candidate(s) will work in a fast-paced, project team environment focused on the design and supply of new chemical plants, de-bottlenecking of existing plants, and a variety of research and development projects. Mentorship and supervision will be provided by experienced engineers and technologists.
Qualifications include the following:
- Competency with both SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience with industrial plant layouts, equipment and piping would be an asset
NORAM seeks hard-working dedicated candidates with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in both team and individual environments. Strong written communication and time management skills are a must..
Qualified candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
NORAM Engineering has an opening for a Project Process Engineer to work in the Vancouver office. The preferred candidate should be experienced in project execution through all project phases from concept designs, feasibility studies to project implementation and execution in the chemical industry.
The candidate will be comfortable in an engineering project team environment including various engineering disciplines and will be familiar with performing heat and mass balance calculations, generating complex P&ID’s, using process simulation software and creating specifications for a wide range of chemical process equipment. The ability to work independently and provide creative solutions to new process designs would be definite assets. The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be comfortable with direct client interaction and be registered with APEGBC.
If you have 7-10 years relevant experience and feel that you are capable of augmenting NORAM’s engineering capabilities, please forward your resume.
© 2021 NORAM Engineering and Constructors Ltd.