Pulp & Paper
NORAM offers a broad range of specialty technologies to the forest products industry. Our P&P Division has two key focus areas: the downstream beneficiation of forest products to extract increased value, and in System Closure methodologies, targeting chemical recovery and zero-effluent strategies.
NORAM’s proprietary LignoForce™ process for recovering high-purity lignin from kraft black liquor, and innovative process technologies for producing crystalline nano-cellulose (CNC) are industry-leading technologies pioneered for the value-added sector.
- Kraft mill odour control systems (HVLC and LVHC)
- GAP Plus™ for chlorine dioxide generator waste acid recovery
- PDP™ and PDP-K™ for selective chloride and/or potassium removal from precipitator dust
- Turpentine Recovery
- Zero-effluent systems
- Mill optimization studies
- LignoForce™: kraft lignin recovery for by-product revenue and incremental pulp capacity
- Cellchem™ sulfur burners, sulfite solutions and sulfuric acid
- Strippers and Absorbers
- Performance Improvement for Electrostatic Precipitators
- Siloxy desilication technology for pulp mills encountering problems with silica, low heating value black liquor, or increasingly stricter environmental legislation.
LignoForce™ lignin recovery from kraft black liquor Alberta, Canada
PDP™ Precipitator Dust Purification by short column ion exchange, Idaho, USA
GAP™ Generator Acid Purification
© 2020 NORAM Engineering and Constructors Ltd.